Manasalu Circuit Trek is one of the holy trails, in comparison to another Famous trail like ABC, Annapurna Circuit, Everest Base Camp, this trail is one of the remote trails of Nepal. The natural beauty and the Highest Mountain attract Trekkers to Lure. This trail is getting popular and it attracts many Novice trekkers as well as experienced trekkers too because of the remoteness and the extreme adventure.
Manaslu Circuit Trek Highlights
- The highest altitude village of Manaslu Region Samdo is located near to the Tibetan Border.
- The Culture Preserve by Tibetan Tribes and the valley is renowned as a holy place.
- Many Carving Stones (Mani) and Oldest Gompa/ A monastery on the trail.
- Eight Highest Mountains in the world which is known as the killer mountain also.
- It offers the best scenic view like another trekking trail of Nepal. Encounter the flora and fauna like rare Blue Sheep, Subtropical Jungle.
- In comparison to Annapurna Circuit and Everest base camp this trail is Off – The – Beaten – Trail only a few trekkers make their way to this trail, also the Tea house is well managed and easy to get food and accommodation in Peak Season and Fall Season.
- This holy trekking trail offers you the experience of remoteness, the resident of the mountain people can be seen and observe.
- This trail offers the wild walk to the dense forest and ascends to challenging trans- Himalayan cliff, and the Thrill of Larke La Pass while crossing it.
- Best experience of walking Beside the Budhi Gandaki River, deep George of River, bypassing many Suspension bridges and Beautiful Villages which is Surrounded by the big Hills and the highest mountains.
- You will encounter the beautiful Birendra the lake which is under the Manasalu Massif, the base camp of Manasalu and a holy blue lake on the way to Larke la Pass.
Climate of Manaslu Circuit Trial
Due to the diverse geography and variation of altitude, there are different climatic zone. Trekking in Manaslu Circuit will start from the tropical zone which is 710 meters above sea level and ascends through passing subalpine, alpine and Arctic Zone which covers the range of 4500 meters. Manasalu Region is located in the central west part of the Himalaya.
Weather is always unpredictable at high altitude; the climate and weather vary throughout the year from sunny to cold and dry to wet.
The month of January is the coldest month, however, the temperature drops below 0 degrees at the high altitude of the Manaslu region.
September to November is the month of autumn which offers the best climatic weather, the walk under the clear crisp skies and stable temperature will be exotic.
June, July, and August is the month of summer and monsoon, the weather will be challenging due to the significant rainfall.
So, the best season is the best time to explore the Manasalu circuit trek. Spring and autumn are the best seasons that offer significant views of stunning mountains and a stable climate.
Manasalu circuit trek in the month of Spring Season
March, April, and May are the months of the spring season. This season is classified as the perfect season which means the best time to trek and climbing. To explore with the best memory and soulful experience trekkers choose the season.
This season the trail will be busy and you will meet a lot of fellow trekkers on the way but not so busy as the Everest region and Annapurna Region. Pre-monsoon is the best time, it is a time of fresh bud bloom and nature will be so attractive with the colorful wildflowers and rhododendron.
Highlights of Spring season in Manaslu region
- Low risk of Climatic hazard and Landslide, this is the safest season to trek Manasalu Circuit.
- The trekking route offers you to walk down to clear blue skies across the colorful forest.
- The temperature will be mild and stable it means easy to walk on the trail.
- Clear view of stunning Mountain
Manasalu circuit trek in the Autumn Season
September, October, and November are the months of Autumn Season, it offers the warm temperature and chilly during the night.
This is the peak season which means the trekking and climbing season. Enthusiast trekkers choose this season because the best climate will make easy to ascend to the higher altitudes and offers the best views.
The end of monsoon will bring pleasant weather and the season starts with a fresh climate which is perfect for the trekkers to trek. The season offers a stable temperature during the day and chilly at night.
At the high-altitude, a lower temperature is normal and common. October and November are dry most of the time so the trail will be clear and the risk will be zero.
Highlights of Autumn Season
- Trail will be clean and dry
- Low risk on the trail
- Weather will not be so challenging, but the extreme change in the weather of trans-Himalaya is common
Manasalu circuit trek in Monsoon/summer
June, July, and August are the months of Summer and Monsoon. This is the time of frequent downpours in the Manasalu region. Manasalu is considered as the king of rain. during this season, the country receives 80%of rainfall. It brings more challenges and thrills during trekking to the Manasalu circuit. The extreme change in weather may bring many difficulties in the various section of the trekking trail.
The monsoon season is classified as the offseason for the trekkers, the weather will be mostly dark and cloudy. This season denies the sparkling view of the mountain. However, the continuous rainfall and difficulty on the trail add more adventure while trekking.
After the mid of June, the rain will gradually start and the temperature will be humid, so, it is better to start the trek on the first week of June, only if you are planning to trek in this season
This season the trail will be muddy and slipper also the trail will be isolated because of the offseason.
Highlights of monsoon season
- Less crowed on the trail
- Discounts on food and accommodation
Manasalu circuit trek in winter
December, January, and February are the months of winter. This is the season of extreme challenges in the Manasalu region. The heavy wind will dare you but the views will be sophisticated. The weather will be cold and dry, the skies will be clear but the trail will be fully covered with thick snow.
During day time the temperature will be warm but the wind will be cold, however, in the evening temperature will significantly drop to -20 degrees.
Till early December, the weather will be similar to last of Autumn, the winter will arise constantly so it is possible to trek till December.
Once the trail will again be isolated. The local people from the high altitude will descent down to the city. January will be the coldest month of the year, only a few adventure seekers will make their way to this trail.
Highlights of Winter season
- Extreme adventure
- Majestic mountain views
How Much Distance Will you cover in Manaslu Circuit Trek?
The starting point of the Manaslu circuit is Arughat village of Gorkha district. And the ending point is Besisahar village of Lamjung District, the Annapurna Region. During Manaslu Circuit, you will have to cover a distance of 177 km in total.
The highest point of the Manaslu circuit is Larke La Pass, which is at the altitude of 5106 meters above sea level. This trek makes the circuit bypassing the challenging Trans Himalaya from Manasalu Conservation Area to Annapurna Conservation Area.
The average walk per day will cover the distance of 15-20 kilometers.
Special Permit requirement for Manasalu Circuit: Restricted Area
Manasalu region is the restricted area because it touches the Tibetan border. Individual trekkers are not allowed to trek in Manaslu Circuit solo; it needs a minimum of two a person in a group or you can join with another group. To do this trek you need to hire an authorized guide and it is compulsory. Permits will be issued by the department of Nepal Tourism Board in Kathmandu. Permits detail are as follow:
- RAP (Restricted Area Permit)
- MCAP (Manaslu Conservation Area) special Permit to check-in
- ACAP (Annapurna Conservation Area) to check out
- September to November the permit cost USD 100 per person per week and USD 15 Per Person Per day beyond one week.
- December to August the permit costs USD 75 per person per week and USD 10 per Person Per day beyond one week.
You need 2 passport size photos, a copy of Passport and insurance document to apply for the permit.
For more information on permits, click here.
Your safety is of paramount concern while traveling with Bharal Adventure. Please note that your leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather conditions, health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
Accommodations are included in the trip cost and BA Trekking has chosen. During this trekking to Manaslu Circuit you will spend two nights at 3 -star in Kathmandu (Apsara Boutique) or similar category hotel, and on trek -will provided room in lodges and guest-house.we arrange tent in necessary place. We maintain standard comfort in every matter based on the enforceable conditions such as weather calamities. All hotel accommodations & tent is based on twin share and will provide you single supplement if there is different sex; at no extra charge. On request, a single supplement will be charged US$250.
It is a condition upon joining any of Bharal Adventure’s trips that all clients be insured for comprehensive expenses that might incur due to medical issues or accidents (this includes air ambulance, helicopter rescue, and treatment costs). Please note that we don't arrange or sell insurance.
This list is a guideline to help you pack for your adventure. Also, understand that the items listed below will vary a little according to the season and the trek duration. Those items marked by an asterisk are provided by Bharal Adventure inclusive in the service. The weight limit for your luggage is 33 pounds or 15 kg. Remember that your luggage will be carried by your porter but you are required to carry a day-pack (with your valuables or anything important) on your own. We also suggest that you pack only what is necessary.