- Trip Grade:Hard
- Total Duration:6 hours
- Best Time:All around the year
- Group Size:Minimum 1
Rock climbing is a sport where someone uses his hands and feet to climb up a rock or an artificial climbing wall. Rock climbing is a very difficult sport because you need to have a lot of strength. Rock climbers must know how to use ropes, carabiners and harnesses for their own safety.There are three major styles of rock climbing: • On-sight: to ascend the wall without aid or any foreknowledge. • Flash: similar to on-sighting but the climber has previous information about the route. • Red point: when the climber makes a free ascend after having tried it first.
The world record in climbing speed was set by Czech climber Libor Hroza, ascending a 15-meter (49-foot) speed course in 5.73 seconds, during a competition in Arco, Italy. Rock climbing began as a recognized sport in the 1880s in England, after the solo first ascent of the Napes Needle by Walter Parry HaskettSmith . Rock climbing can burn anywhere from 500 to 900 calories per hour, provided climbers keep rest to a minimum between routes.
- Free climbingis where the climber’s own physical strength and skill are relied on to do the climb. Anchors, ropes and protection are used to back up the climber, but are only there in case of a fall and are not actively used to help the person do the climb.
- Boulderingis climbing on short, low routes. Because people do not climb very high, they do not need to use safety equipment. Sometimes there are used special pads to cushion a drop.
- Solo climbingis when a climber climbs alone, without somebody belaying There are several ways to climb solo. The first is roped solo climbing, which is climbing by yourself with a rope backup in case of fall. Free soloing is climbing alone without the use of any rope or protection system whatsoever.
- Lead climbingis used when the rope is not on top yet. The person must tie the rope to their harness and then climb up the wall. On the way the climber puts the rope through a carabiner every few metres. Here the person at the bottom must also use a knot or a securing device.
- Top ropingis when the rope is already anchored at the top of the route. Safety equipment is needed here but many people say this kind is the safest. The belayer must only keep the rope tight by using a knot or a securing device, like a Grigri.
Bharal Adventure offers you this package with friendly and supportive environment which won’t make you feel alone conquer the journey.
You will be picked up at your hotel early in the morning, after your breakfast at approximately 8:45 – 9:00 a.m. You will then be transferred to the forested hill of Nagarjun. After around three kilometres drive from the hotel, we reach Nagarjun hill for rock climbing experience.
We get off from our vehicle 50 metres away from the rock where we will be welcomed with a short briefing by our rock climbing instructor. The instructor will let us know about our gears and do’s and don’ts during the rock climbing experience.
The briefing will be followed by a couple of basic training for climbing. Accomplishing the basic training, we continue climbing more difficult rock. The rock climbing spot has rock line named with its level of difficulty in climbing. After learning some techniques from the instructor and few practices, we climb the rock and enjoy our climbing experience.
- Ground transportation by private AC vehicle
- Highly professional English Speaking Climbing Guide including his salary
- Pick up from your hotel for climbing and drop back to your hotel after climbing
- All necessary climbing equipment
- Packed lunch
- Government taxes and office service charge
- Your accommodation in Kathmandu
- Tips for guide and driver
Recommend Bharal Adventure to everyone
I travelled with my family in a Swiss Group to Nepal. We went on the Dhaulagiri Trekking Tour organized by Bharal Adventures. It was an amazing ...
Great Trekking Company
Bharal Adventure does an amazing job facilitating and organizing trips of all kinds. They're a very personal tour company and from the moment yo...
An Amazing Trekking Company
I came to know Bharal Adventure (BA) by chance with my previous trekking to Everest Base Camp Short Trek at the end of last year and This was my second time with Sujan (Founder of BA) for organising such a wonderful trip to Everest base camp short with my friends and it was truly amazing, enjoyable trip, it leaves us a profound experience with spectacular view of some highest peak in the Himalayan range and beauty of vast wildness.
Trekking in Himalayan range can be strenuous, but with our guide, Nirajan help us every step of the way in which make the trip a complete hassle free, we are very thankful for his service and would recommend to anyone coming to Nepal for Trekking.
Once again, thank you for all to make our trekking trip an unforgettable event to us And we are definitely coming back to Nepal again.