Nepal Visa Information: The easiest way to obtain a visa in Nepal is upon your arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu or at border immigration offices (in case of entry from Tibet and India). However, the citizens of the countries like Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Cameroon, Somalia, Liberia, Ethiopia, Iraq, Palestine, and Afghanistan do not get visa upon arrival at immigration entry points of Nepal.
The Requirements For A Visa In Nepal Are:
- Valid passport (with a validity of a minimum period of six months)
- Application form
- Two passport size picture
- Visa fees in cash
Entry Points To Nepal
- Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu
- Kakarvitta, Jhapa (Eastern Nepal)
- Birganj, Parsa (Central Nepal)
- Kodari, Sindhupalchowk (Northern Border)
- Belhiya, Bhairahawa (Rupandehi, Western Nepal)
- Jamuna, Nepalgunj (Banke, Mid Western Nepal)
- Mohana, Dhangadhi (Kailali, Far Western Nepal)
- Gadda Chauki, Mahendranagar (Kanchanpur, Far Western Nepal)
Information On Tourist Visa Fees In Nepal
- Multiple entries for 15 or fewer days costs US$ 40 or equivalent convertible currency
- Multiple entries for 30 days costs US$ 50 or equivalent convertible currency
- Multiple entry for 90 days costs US$ 125 or equivalent convertible currency
- Visa for SAARC countries: Free visa for 30 days available for tourists of SAARC countries.
- Visa for Indian citizens: Indian nationals do not require a visa to enter into Nepal but getting to Nepal by air/overland they have to show their passport or any identity card issued by the Indian government, at the entry point to Nepal. The children under 10 years do not need to show any identification.
Tourist Visa Extension
The visa extension fee for 15 days or less is US $ 45 or equivalent convertible currency and visa extension fee for more than 15 days is US $ 3 per day. The tourist visa can be extended for a maximum period of 150 days an additional USD 5 per day as of late fine.
The foreigners who have entered in Nepal to stay for a night and willing to use Nepal’s airport to visit another country with plane ticket and/or the foreigners traveling in the accidental force landed plane for any circumstances and willing to stay in Nepal for the night, shall receive transit visa for one day by paying 5 US $ or equivalent convertible currency.
General Information On Visa In Nepal
- No foreigner is entitled to enter into and stay in Nepal without a valid visa.
- Tourist entry visa can be obtained for the pre-mentioned duration from the Nepalese Embassy or consulate or other mission offices or immigration offices located on entry points in Nepal.
- Once the visa is issued, it will not be amended, re-validated and visa fees will not be refunded.
- Personal cheque and credit cards are not accepted at any entry point of Nepal.
- Living in Nepal without a passport or a valid visa is a punishable offense.
- There will be no visa charge for children under 10 years, however, a visa is required.
- You are advised to be mindful to contact the Immigration Department for visa transfer in case of getting a new passport or travel document from your Embassy/Consulate.
- You should also carry your passport and trekking permit while trekking.
- Filming in restricted areas or notified areas without permission is strictly prohibited.
- Respect local traditions, customs, values, and sentiments to help them protect local cultures and maintain locally.
For more information, you can visit the Department of Immigration Nepal.
Or contact our team for proper guidance and assistance