Located on the eastern side of Annapurna base camp Mardi Himal Trek is one of the most popular trek destinations of Nepal at this time. The heavy snowfall that destroyed Annapurna Base Camp in the year 2019 makes the Mardi route even more popular. There were no chances of spending the night at Annapurna Base Camp on the peak season of 2019(March-May) this made Mardi Himal Trek more popular. More than 90% of the trekker loved this route more than the Annapurna Base Camp. The wide range of Himalayas view particularly; Dhaulagiri, Himchuli, Machhapuchhre, Annapurna South and the Annapurna Ist are the major attraction of this route.
Mardi Trek is the hidden gem in the Himalayas as it was later introduced and gained a lot of popularity in a short period of time. Lwang, Ghalel, Sidhing villages are the major attraction of this trek. Like other treks, Mardi Himal Trek is also the off-the-beaten trek in the Himalayas of Nepal. This trek is also based on the local lodges or tea-houses. Mardi trek has less chance of being caught by Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS).
People having a comparatively shorter period of time also can do Mardi trek. A 9-year boy to a 60-year-old man will no more miss the golden chance of witnessing the beautiful Himalayan landscape. Passing through the dense forest, traditional tea houses, local culture will definitely make you feel different. Mardi route can be the next option for you if you are planning for trekking in Nepal and it will be more suitable for you if you have a short vacation. This route isn’t that crowded and the tea houses available are traditional and basic.
You might be wondering about the itinerary of this trek, please have a look below for the itinerary:
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu [1,300m/4,264 ft]
- Day 02: Kathmandu to Pokhara [910m/2,985 ft]: 6 hrs
- Day 03: Drive to Kande and trek to Forest Camp [2,540m]: 8 – 9 hrs
- Day 04: Trek to Low Camp [3,035m]: 4 hrs
- Day 05: Trek to High Camp [3,590m]: 4 hrs
- Day 06: Hike to Upper View Point [4,200m] and back to High Camp: 4 and half hrs
- Day 07: Trek to Landruk Village [1,560m]: 6 and half hrs
- Day 08: Trek to Nayapul [1,070m] and drive to Pokhara: 7 hrs trek and 1 hr drive
- Day 09: Pokhara to Kathmandu: 6hrs
- Day 10: Farewell
We hope this blog will definitely meet your queries regarding the Mardi Trek. Feel free to provide us feedback on [email protected]