Kangchenjunga circuit trek provides you the chance to be in the base camp of world’s third highest Mountain Kagchenjunga (8,586m).This trek will provide you the most beautiful view of the Nepalese mountains.If you love to be in the silence and feel the nature then Kangchenjunga can be the best options for you.This trek can be done in 25 to 27 days depending upon whether you take a flight or be there with a bus.This trek route lies on the eastern side of Nepal.This trek is enriched with biodiversity and ethnic groups that carries a long history.
This trek is also known as the”Five Treasure House Of Snows”.The kangchenjunga massif lies on the border of Nepal and India.Kangchenjunga Conservation Area spreaded in an area of 2,035 sq.km is the main attraction of this trails.Snow leopard,Himalayan black bear,pheasant,musk deer,red-billed blue magpies,shy drongo are the major wildlifes you can witness here.
The major mountains that can be seen while being on this trek route are Everest(8848m,Lhotse(8511m),Makalu(8462m) and Kangchenjunga(8586m).
This area is less developed but the government is focusing a lot on the development of this sector.Hope with the vision of mission 2020 there will be number of tourists who will be attracted to do this trek.
For many people who come across this blog may be wandering the itinerary of this trek so we have even included the Itinerary in this blog.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu [1,300m/4,264 ft]
- Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu and preparation for trekking
- Day 03: Fly from Kathmandu to Biratnagar [81m/266 ft]
- Day 04: Fly from Biratnagar to Suketar [2,420m/7,938 ft] or drive from Phidim [1,179m/3,868 ft] to Suketar
- Day 05: Suketar to Mitlung [921m/3,021 ft]: 4 – 5 hrs
- Day 06: Mitlung to Chirwa [1,270m/4,166 ft]: 5 – 6 hrs
- Day 07: Chirwa to Sukathum [1,576m/5,169 ft]: 5 – 6 hrs
- Day 08: Sukathum to Amjilosa [2,308m/7,570 ft]: 6 – 7 hrs
- Day 09: Amjilosa to Gyabla [2,730m/8,954 ft]:6 – 7 hrs
- Day 10: Gyabla to Ghunsa (3,595m/11,792 ft]:5 – 6 hrs
- Day 11: Acclimatisation day at Ghunsa
- Day 12: Ghunsa to Kambachen [4,050m/13,284 ft]:5 – 6 hrs
- Day 13: Acclimatization day at Kambachen
- Day 14: Kambachen to Lhonak [4,780m/15,678 ft]: 6 – 7 hrs
- Day 15: Trek to Pangpema/Kanchenjunga North Base Camp [5,388m/17,673 ft]:6 – 7 hrs
- Day 16: Trek back to Kambachen [4,050m/13,284 ft]: 6 – 7 hrs
- Day 17: Kambachen to Ghunsa [3,595m/11,792 ft]: 3 – 4 hrs
- Day 18: Ghunsa to Sele-Le [4,290m/14,071 ft]:6 – 7 hrs
- Day 19: Sele Le to Cheram [3,870m/12,694 ft]:6 – 7 hrs
- Day 20: Cheram to Ramche [4,580m/15,022 ft] and return back to Cheram: 4 – 5 hrs
- Day 21: Cheram to Tortong [2,995m/9,824 ft]: 5 – 6 hrs
- Day 22: Tortong to Yamphudin [2,080m/6,822 ft]:6 – 7 hrs
- Day 23: Yamphudin to Yangpang [1,007m/3,304 ft]: 6 – 7 hrs
- Day 24: Yangpang to Thorpu [1,500m/4,290 ft]: 5 – 6 hrs
- Day 25: Thorpu to Birtamod [300m/984 ft]: 5 – 6 hrs
- Day 26: Drive from Birtamod to Bhadrapur then Fly to Kathmandu
- Day 27: Farewell Friend
Kangchenjunga Trek Quick Facts:
- A chance to be in the base camp of 3rd highest mountain in the world
- Experience of walking in the glacier named Yalung
- Chance to witness the view of Makalu 5th highest mountain in the world and eastern face of Everest as well
- Before the declaration of Everest as the world highest mountain Kangchenjunga used to be regarded as the world’s highest mountain
- This trek can be done both from Nepal’s as well as India’s side
I hope this blog adds some extra knowledge to the adventure seeker who are planning for activities in Nepal.
For details information you can visit our official site at https://bharaladventure.com/packages/kanchenjunga-circuit-trek/